SLIDER

10-on-10 October - 10 new friends!

Saturday, October 10, 2015
How can it be October?  It was just June the other day, and my poor blog has been neglected!  Well, I'm back, and with a fun set of pictures to share about our ten new family members...baby chicks!

My Dad has a decent amount of property, and he's had chicken coops for years, from chickens he had over 20 years ago.  He mentioned once to my girls that he wanted to get some chicks and they asked him just a few (million) times when those chicks were coming...they are finally here!  They were just two weeks old in this picture, and oh so, so cute!  




There are many things our Papa is great at, but being meticulous is not one of them.  The first day we went to meet the chicks we discovered a little problem...


They were too tiny, and could walk right out of the coop Papa had for them!  We found these cute tiny chicks just exploring the yard.  Yikes!



So, we spent the first day baby-proofing the chicken cage, we think the chicks are all safe & secure now.  Whew!  

My girls are in love, and my big girl decided to start some notes about the chickens and their behaviors.  The girls sat for quite some time coming up with these notes.  I thought it was so cute.




So there is a quick preview of our newest chicken family members!  It'll be fun to see how fast they grow and how quickly they change.  Thankfully Papa lives just 5 minutes away, the girls are anxious to visit often!




Thank you for stopping by my blog!  Be sure to follow the circle and visit Bonnie, to see what she is up to.  Happy October!  I'll see you again in November!




7 comments :

  1. Gorgeous photos! What a beautiful experience for your daughters. I love how you captured the one check going through the fence. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute story about your new family addition :-) And I love the images, the depth of field is great and I like that you vary your aperture. Your girls are really creative to think of this super idea of observing the chickens - and you did a nice job documenting it all :-) Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! The chicks are so cute! My daughter saw the pictures and loved them! We had a similar experience last year when we went to Brazil. They will have a really nice journal with your daughters notes and your images, I'm looking forward to see how they grow! Love the BW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What adorable little chicks. I love how your girls were observing the chicks' behavior....future scientists or sociologists. :) And the photo of your daughter holding the chick and gazing down is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these shots! The b&w with the light coming through the slats in the fence is amazing, a must for framing! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the love of cuteness! This experience will no doubt be a memorable one for your girls, how wonderful you have captured the beginning of this journey so beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those are great. And raising chicks must be so fun--it will be a great experience for your girls for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design