SLIDER

Cotillion

Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Sydney is enjoying a new experience this year.  They offer cotillion for 6th graders!  She's going to learn ballroom dancing, while also learning her manners, how to make eye contact, set the table, etc.  These are all fabulous tools for someone else to teach her since we are so casual around our house.

The class is hilarious to watch.  The girls line up on one side of the room, the boys on the other.


I was on the boy side, and was peeking at my girl :)


Then after some instruction, the teacher tells the boys to go ask a girl to dance.  The girls all back up and try to hide...


But, they all get asked, and they all have to say yes!


Syd does a very good job of avoiding contact with the yucky boys, but now the lessons are working on eye contact, and requiring them to talk.  The instruction may stop you at any moment and ask you something about your partner - yikes!


So she's had two dances now, and I think each one will get easier and easier.  I really wish I had had this class at her age!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design